Hello scrumptious blog-friends and happy Monday to you all!
As per usual, I have about four zillion blog posts percolating in my noggin but I cannot be bothered today to actually expel them out of said noggin and onto this blog page for you dear ones to read. Hopefully, I will be able and ready to soon. However, don’t be worried as it really isn’t four zillion. It is more like four. I do exaggerate some.
So, I will inundate you all just a bit more with some inspiration from Thich Nhat Hanh, my favorite inspirer of all time. As beautiful as the world around me is today, this wee poem is appropriate, I think. I can only hope that you are all having weather beautiful enough to make this poem equally appropriate and appreciable.
Kiss the Earth
By Thich Nhat Hanh
Walk and touch peace every moment.
Walk and touch happiness every moment.
Each step brings a fresh breeze.
Each step makes a flower bloom.
Kiss the Earth with your feet.
Bring the Earth your love and happiness.
The Earth will be safe
when we feel safe in ourselves.
Since nothing takes the place of a real blog post like a meme, here is one for this fine Monday. This is one that my dear friend Jenn did today. The idea is to list fifteen things – good or bad – you would like to tell fifteen people without naming names. As the instructions on her blog state: “The responses may not make sense to the readers but the therapy is valuable.” So… fifteen. Let me see if I can muster that many up.
(As with all of my memes, I’m not “tagging” anyone else. If you want to do this one, go for it. If not, that is fine too!)
- I think that you honestly and truly have the sweetest heart that I know of. You truly do care about others, in a genuine, non-nosey and non-annoying way.
- I would like to live your life for just one day.
- You aren’t the only person that matters. Just because your boyfriend broke up with you nine months ago doesn’t mean that everyone should drop everything to coddle you and analyze the situation with you (again).
- I really admire the way you enthrall yourself in a new hobby or skill and become so proficient at it.
- I think that, despite what you say, if we were to meet in person, you would quickly become bored with me and my lifestyle and we would not be as compatible as friends as you think we might be.
- You on the other hand, I think we would get along famously as friends and find fast, forever friends in one another, should we ever meet in person.
- I’ve never met you face-to-face but I feel like we have known one another for forever. I easily count you as one of my best friends.
- I have met you face-to-face and can’t believe what you have proven yourself to be. Why can’t you leave well enough alone?
- Thanks for handling the gross stuff. You are the best.
- If you don’t truly “have it all”, you sure make it look like you do. Go girl!
- If I got a plus-one invitation to a magical Alice-in-Wonderland Tea Party, I’d take you in a heartbeat… without hesitation!
- You fascinate me.
- I wish I could do what you’ve done. Someday… someday… I hope to.
- You have genuinely instilled a bit of change in me… however small… for the better.
Pshew… I hope they weren’t all bad! I hope the positive ones out-weighed the negative ones. Do you know if any of them were for you? Mysterious… mysterious!
Now for a bit of press. I have added some new vintage goodies to my Etsy store and I wanted to share them with you lovelies. I don’t often do this here as I don’t want to be all promo-promo but… a little won’t hurt, right? (Note: If my mentioning this will cause any of you to stop reading here, please let me know and I will refrain in future.)
Fun Vintage Finds…
(Click here for more information on any of these pieces…)
… and LOTS more!!!
Until next time … when hopefully I will be able to deliver a “real” post!
Kiss the earth.
… xo …