This is for Sid, my lovely Sweet Goodness Holiday Sister, and for all of the others participating in the Sweet Goodness Holiday Sister Swap. If you need to know anything else Sid, just let me know. This should cover it for the questionnaire!
1. Favorite Color:
Dark Red (I’m really NOT fond of pinks or pastels of any sort… I like bold colors.)
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above?
Actually, I’m probably one of the only people in the world who do not like chocolate. I’m not fundamentally opposed to it but I could do with or without it. I’m indifferent to it, really. I don’t like much candy at all, to be honest. Oh, except saltwater taffy. I do like saltwater taffy but in Mississippi, we rarely get that.
3. What is your favorite craft hobby?
I love photography, paper collage art, mail art, vintage needlworking kits and art journal swaps / round robins.
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start?
I would LOVE to get more into sewing!
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)?
I’m not into scrapbooking, even though I’ve seen some who do beautiful work in that medium. I’m really not into beading or jewelry-making either. Also, I don’t knit or crochet and don’t really have any desire to do either.
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’ll make you blow up like a balloon!)
Mango, papaya, fresh pineapple. Other than that, I’m good (as far as I know!)
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else?
To be perfectly honest, Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday. I like it mostly because it comes in Fall and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall. I like black cats, as I have one, but other than that, I’m not into ghouls, goblins and candy corns. I guess if I had a request, it would be that my partner send more Fall-ish stuff for the Halloween part of this swap. (Can I make that request?)
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall?
Not so much but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall-ish smelling candles – cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pine, pumpkin, etc. Fall candles are a favorite. I also love cider and chai. Another two Fall favorites!
9. December Holidays–what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday?
I am the Queen of Christmas! I love Eiffel Tower ornaments and long to someday have a Christmas tree that is filled ONLY with Eiffel Tower ornaments. I like cat ornaments and nice classy ornaments (no fake ice crystals!) I love holly, mistletoe, Christmas-scented candles, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas music (instrumental or jazz are favorites). I love Santas more than snowmen and I don’t really like things that light up.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls?
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind?
I have a beautiful, sweet baby girl (a cat) who is the light of my life and just about the sweetest creature on this earth. I kid you not.
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like?
I love to read! I love books about yoga mostly but am also a self-help junkie too. I like inspirational books and non-fiction travel memoirs. I’ve recently gotten into historical fiction (i.e. The Other Boleyn Girl) but other than that, not really into fiction all that much. I LOVE Thich Nhat Hanh and Pema Chodron books.
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion?
No, my birthday is in July and I’m unmarried.
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect?
Eiffel Towers mainly as I’m a bonafide Francophile! I also collect books, quotations and vintage Kokeshi dolls. I aspire to one day collect Blythe dolls. Le sigh….
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person??
I like to make odd, experimental concoctions. I like to experiment with different vegetables and ways to cook them. I rarely bake desserts or anything sugary. I hate coconut, chili and banana bread muffins (actually, anything banana flavored).
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand?
Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla (but not alone), anything baked, eucalyptus, mint, lavender
I really dislike musky scents or patchouli.
17. What’s your favorite song?
My favorite album is Kind of Blue by Miles Davis.
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater?
I really can’t remember that far back! The last one I rented out was The Painted Veil and it was REALLY good! Oh, and I love obscure, quirky, foreign films.
19. What’s your favorite Candy?
Not crazy for candy really that much.
20. Tea or Coffee or other?
I try to love tea, really I do, but there is NO substitute for a nice cup of dark, black, slightly bitter coffee. Mmmmmmmm… However, trying recently to get off of caffeine, I must request that all coffee sent is decaf. (Hint: Please do not let this dissuade you… I LOVE getting good, quality decaf and would consider it a TREAT!)
I think this is all, Sid. If I think of anything else, I will let you know via email.