I could definitely be accused of making too many lofty goals and spreading myself too thin. When I do that, I normally abandon said-lofty-goals and do nothing. Yes, yes, I need to get away from that nasty habit.
That being said, there are a couple of things I would really like to do before the dawn of 2009. These are very simple things, things that will probably seem silly and not lofty at all but they work for me and hopefully will not spread me too thin.
- Getting a professional bra-fitting – Okay, I’m 32, I know this. I should have had many professional bra-fittings in my lifetime but I haven’t. The truth is that I normally wear whatever hand-me-downs my sister or my aunt bestow upon me. They fit okay but I would be very confident in saying that they are not my actual size, none of them. I need my “girls” to be happy and sitting pretty so yes, a professional fitting is in order.
- Reaching 500 sales in my Etsy store – There is no prize for this but I think it will be so cool when I do hit 500! (I’m currently at 443.)
- Getting a job – preferably the job that I really really want to have.
- Meeting with a financial advisor if I do get aforementioned job – This is something I think would be smart to do and very helpful for me, one who isn’t so great with money. I would love to start doing some small investments too and need some direction on that.
- Getting an apartment – preferably one downtown.
- FINALLY growing my fingernails out – Enough said.
- Doing some altered cashmere items – This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but I’m chicken to cut into the cashmere. I need to just gatherupmyskirts and do it!
- Buy a new laptop – This largely rides on aforementioned job too. Fingers crossed!
Okay, those goals are looking a bit lofty now but hey – what’s life without goals, right?
In other news, I’d like to introduce my new lova:
This, friends, is Mr. Canon. He is tall, dark, and handsome with tons of interesting buttons and surprising features. Yes, I think I’m in love.
Delali, however, is not in love. I’ve taken 400+ photos of her since Mr. Canon’s arrival and she is about ready to hide him from me. But, isn’t she just too cute to NOT be snap-happy with?
That’s all from me for now. I have to go take more pictures of Delali. 🙂