I’m feeling rather sparky today so I thought I would do a couple of fun things here on my blog.
Firstly, the lovely Miss StilettoHeights has inspired me to write up a list of things that provide inspiration to me lately. What a fun exercise, no?
What inspires you lately? For me, it includes…
- Vintage shoes – I have found so many wonderful ones lately! I get the extra-fab ones to list in my store as I love to have a good vintage shoe selection there. So many fabulous and unique vintage shoes out there… great quality too.
- Colored tights / leggings – Crazy, yes, but they go with so many things and really give an added flair! Besides, they fashionably cover my stark white legs.
- Lame – A fabulous gold lame tank literally jumped off the rack at me the other day and I’ve been smitten since. Everyone needs to sparkle.
- Belts, belts, BELTS! Need I say more?
- My new store banner… so pretty and so wonderfully done! Thanks, PixelCafe!
- Vintage artwork, especially crewel-work.
- Homemade iced coffee.
- Ruffles and Scarlett O’Hara.
- Sex and the City re-runs… until I get finally get out to see the new movie!
- Russian architecture
- Anything at all to do with Paris… specifically living there someday.
- Tomatoes… fresh with a bit of pepper. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm…
- Vintage bedding… LOTS of it!
- A gorgeous white gauze babydoll top that I bought when I was sixteen. I found it again the other day and have been wearing it with skinnies and my flats. Scavenging in my own closet is very fun!
- Yard sales… ’tis the season. It makes Saturday mornings SUCH fun! I look forward to them all week!
Speaking of yard sales…
How about a swap? As all of you know and can tell from my list above, I’m terribly inspired by things that I find at thrift stores and yard sales. I love things that others cast-off that I can make good use of. It is the ultimate recycling and such fun too!
I also know that many of my readers here are thrift store / yard sale mavens, also loving the hunt for what they can re-use and give another life to.
So, since it is the prime thrifting / yard sale season… how about a “Thrift Shop Thrift Swap“? Here is how I propose for it to work:
- Leave a comment on this post that you want to participate. Right after you leave your comment, please contact me at email@example.com with your contact information, i.e. name, address, blog and email address. Sign-up will close on June 15.
- On June 16, I will pair those who have signed up with a partner and send each of you their information. In order to get to know new people better – as that, I believe, is part of the fun of a swap – this will be a one-on-one swap.
- After being in touch with your swap partner, compile a package of things you think they would like. Here is the catch… ALL items that you send MUST be from a thrift store / garage sale / yard sale / porch sale / estate sale / tag sale / etc… you get the idea. Of course, make sure they are nice items and not junk but I think we all know how to do this… how to find the treasures out there! Bonus points if your packaging comes from thrifting too. (Not that there will be a winner or anything but.. that would be cool, huh?) Spend between $10 – 15 on your package, not including shipping.
- Send your packages out by July 1. If you can’t make it by then, let me AND your partner know of the delay.
(International participants welcome. Please be willing to ship Internationally if you decide to participate. If you leave comment on this post, I will assume that you wish to participate. Please realize when signing up that sometimes there are bum swappers. I can’t control this.)
Tell your friends!
Any questions? Feel free to contact me!
::::::::::::::::::::::: Happy scavenging! ::::::::::::::::::::::